Tuesday, September 13, 2005

US Open results

I never commented on the US Open results. What a nailbiter on Sunday! I was getting so excited in the second and third set of the men's final that my two-year old was even clapping with each shot! Like against James Blake, I felt that if Agassi could get to a fifth set, he could take the match. Alas, Federer was too good! He's really amazing isn't he? Just too much for Agassi to handle. Although I have to say that Agassi looked to be mighty uncomfortable during the trophy presentation. Maybe his back was hurting him in the late third and fourth sets...

Overall, a great tournament! I picked the winners correctly before it even started, though I have to say the picks were relatively easy based on the play of Federer and Clijsters for the last few months. It's the other two finalists that I wouldn't have picked if pressed to name them beforehand. Agassi? Always a sentimental favorites helped by a great draw. But Pierce? Who knew!

I loved every minute of it, and I miss it already. I'm ready for 2006!

More to come...

No comments: