Friday, September 09, 2005

It's the simple things, really

Every once in a while, it hits me again that it is the simplest things that bring the most pleasure. I had a fantastic evening last night, and it was the purely the simple things that made it such--I got to spend about an hour just playing with my boys.

Jonathan just loves playing with this big green exercise ball. It stands almost as tall as he does, and we have a "ball" using it for all sorts of fun. He'll jump on it while I hold it still for a minute before letting it go and sending him and the ball flying. He'll sit on it and try to stay upright when I let the ball roll on its own. He'll lay on the floor while the ball is bounced on top of him. Anything that daddy can think of is alirght by him! I just love hearing his squeals and watching him smile with delight during these times!


As we were playing last night, Andrew was laying on his back a safe distance away. He was craning his neck to look around and watch everything that was going on. After a while, I picked him up and held him while he dd his best to stand up. At two-and-a-half months, he tries his very best! Jonathan came right up to him and started talking to him, and Andrew broke into the biggest smile I have ever seen! He just loves his big brother, and its blesses me tremendously to see the two of them interact.

God has been so good to me. My family is so much better than I could ever hope for or design on my own. I'm blessed.

More to come...

No comments: