Tuesday, September 06, 2005

First (real) post

I figured that as the first post to my blog, I should at least provide some sort of context to what is going on in the United States and my life at the moment. I've been waiting for today for a while! John Roberts, President Bush's nominee to the Supreme Court, was elevated to his nominee to Chief Justice after Judge Rehnquist passed away over the weekend. Confirmation hearings are supposed to start today, and I'm itching for a fight! The conservative Republicans in the Senate had BETTER stand up and let theDemocrats know who's in the majority!

Oh yeah, there's also that little thing called Hurricane Katrina to clean up and all of those wounds to heal. God have mercy on us for the way we treat our fellow human beings! Watching the mess of New Orleans and the way people reacted sure drove me to my knees to plead for forgiveness for our country. Imagine the heartache that God has as He watched the physical destruction of a part of His earth surpassed by an even greater spiritual destruction of so many people as evidenced by their behavior in theaftermath. Sad.

More to come...

No comments: