Thursday, September 08, 2005

Unbelievable!

Unbelievable! I went to bed last night around midnight, after I just couldn't keep my eyes open any more. At that time, James Blake was up two sets to one over Andre Agassi in their quarterfinal match at the US Open. Agassi was hitting a tremendous number of unforced errors, though Blake was noticeably slowing. My thought was that if Andre could just push it to five, he could pull it out. My gut was saying, though, that there was no way. So, I tossed and turned all night wondering who had won, if it went to five sets, juicing myself up to pull for Blake to go all the way to the finals, etc. Lo and behold, I wake up this morning, and Agassi did just what I hoped. He pushed it to five sets and won in a tie-breaker! Unbelievable. You have to admire that.

More to come...

No comments: