Monday, October 24, 2005

Three days and counting...

After so much planning and preparation, the time is nearly upon us. In many ways, it seems to have taken a long time to get here, but my trip to Belarus and Romania is only three days away now!

As you might expect, there are a number of loose ends to tie up, but the three of us that are traveling are excited to see what God is going to do. If you have read my previous updates, you know that divine appointments are a big thing that we look for God to do on these trips. All the planning in the world can go out the window in an instant if our paths cross with someone who needs ministry or is open to the word we are trying to bring. The planning for Romania has been the biggest struggle in this whole process, and I suspect that is precisely because God wants us to remain flexible enough to hear from Him as we go from place to place while there. Should be interesting and fun!

We are flying to Minsk via Washington, DC, and Frankfurt on Thursday, arriving into Minsk on Friday, October 28. Our visas and passports are in order--just pray that the border officials let us in the country with no problems. I really don't know whether to expect a fairly simple and
expedited process of checking passports and waving us through, much as we Americans are used to when we enter most other countries or if we should expect some (mild?) interrogation about our intentions and stay in Belarus. That part has me a little nervous!

One great thing about our travel on Thursday is that I will have the opportunity to fly on a Boeing 747 for the first time! It's a 747-400 no less! I can't wait for that. United Airlines has no idea what a treat that will be for me and how upset I will be if they pull an aircraft substitution at the last minute! Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE airplanes and airlines...

A few quick prayer requests to close: pray for Bruce as he finishes preparation of all of his teaching materials and plans; pray for me to be able to surrender control of the itinerary as God sees fit to minister in ways we don't anticipate; pray for boldness for me in those times I have to teach directly rather than simply support others teaching; pray for my family's safety, calm, and peace (the enemy is ramping things up signficantly already); and pray for safe travel throughout the trip as we will be in several cities and moving around often.

It is my sincere hope that I can post daily updates as our team travels. All of that, however, is dependent on access to the Internet, so I can't promise anything! Rest assured, though, that I will journal each and every day and post everything upon our return, if necessary. I am so grateful for all of your prayers and support!

Tomorrow, I'll post the latest day-to-day schedules for your amusement and prayers.

More to come...

No comments: