Thursday, October 27, 2005

T-minus four hours...

Well, it’s the morning of October 27. Today is the day I leave for my trip, and a number of things are going through my head. Have I packed everything? Will I remember that I forgot something halfway to Belarus? Will our team be safe? Will my family be okay while I’m gone? All the normal things one associates with travel.

Other things are also on my mind. Andrew had a terrible night last night, up every couple of hours on average, so I know that the enemy is ramping up his attack. Jonathan was also up really early this morning. He’s being his normal cheerful self, but just the fact that he was up so early means that he senses something is going on. It’s also really hard on Karen who needs good rest each day. It really starts to thinking about being gone and being used by the Lord effectively. I always have doubts that I can pull my weight on the trip and teach effectively when called upon. That part of me still needs some boosting up and surrendering to the knowledge that God has truly called me to this work and opened the doors wide for me. I appreciate your prayers.

There is a verse that has really stuck with me in preparation for this trip, and we’re claiming it as our team verses this time around. Psalm 119:46 (NIV) – I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame. This reformational work places us in the halls of governments and the offices of politicians. It can be overwhelming, but God has, indeed, given us His word to speak. There is no reason to be ashamed; there is every reason to bold! That charges me up! How ‘bout you?

Okay, for some quick fun as I sign off before packing my toothbrush. Here’s my route of travel:













Should make for some great insights into what the Lord is doing in another part of our world!

More to come…

No comments: