Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It's that time again...

Virginia Beach, VA – Wednesday, March 4, 2009 – 10:31am local time

 

Hard as it is to believe, I am preparing to head for the airport in a couple of hours to leave for Belarus once again!  It seems like just a few weeks ago that I returned from my fall trip.  I’m excited because our teams will be traveling to Belarus twice this year, once in the spring and once in the fall.  That means we’ll be able to do twice the amount of teaching as we have previously, and we’ll able to take two professors with us with different perspectives and specialties in biblical worldview topics.  A team will also travel to Belarus this summer to help with practical things like repairing a house and meeting place for our Belarusian friends, talk about Christian education and its practical implementation, and discuss effective pro-life ministry.  I won’t be traveling in the summer as we’re expecting Wee Little Walter Number Four around that time, but it looks to be a great year ahead for our International Reformation ministry.

 

I am very encouraged and blessed by the outpouring of support I’ve received from you and others.  My support funds have poured in.  I have enough for this spring trip and am on my way toward my goal for the fall already.  In addition, so many of you have asked about the trip and its preparation and assured me of your prayers.  That is both humbling and encouraging.  What a blessing you are!

 

All my bags are packed, and my stuff is ready.  I’ll be flying today from Norfolk to DC and then on to Frankfurt, Germany, to connect to Minsk.  The forecast in Minsk calls for highs around freezing with snow each day while we’re there.  Interesting!  As always, I’ll do my very best to post updates each day.

 

Please be praying for my family while I’m away.  This is a short trip compared to previous years, but it’s still difficult for Karen.  Pray for her peace and good rest.  I’ll be presenting a session on the current global economic crisis as a part of our seminars.  As hard as the economic downturn has been for us here in the States, it is even more pronounced in other parts of the world and especially Eastern Europe.  I anticipate some difficult questions, and I covet prayers for wisdom, clear thoughts, and clear communication.  A great opportunity is here to talk about God’s economy and the biblical ideals for economics, but our world is so complex and the problems so deep that it can be confusing.  Please pray that God will make Himself known through me and that I can bring the truth while also being encouraging to them.

 

I’ll talk to you from Minsk!  More to come.

 

Scott

No comments: