Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Romania and Bulgaria Update #1

All of you have been such solid support for me through prayer and giving as I've embarked on this journey into International Reformation ministry over the last couple of years. As you know, I have another trip upcoming, and I wanted to update you on what I'll be doing. Our team was thrilled to receive invitations this year for a return trip to Romania and for a first-time visit to Bulgaria!

If you had the opportunity to read my journal entries from last year, you know what fertile ground Romania is for reformation and the implantation of a Biblical worldview. We are excited to return and begin to really work there. We are finalizing plans to teach basic Biblical worldview in a church youth camp, hold an in-depth teaching seminar on Biblical government to elected politicians, and to meet with local pastors about shepherding their own flocks in reforming the country. It is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what God is doing in a country that has been truly decimated by Communism!

Shortly after my trip to Belarus and Romania last year, I really felt like the Lord was saying that Bulgaria was going to be one of the next places opened to our ministry. Bruce Anderson, the head of this ministry at my church, agreed with me, and not a week later he was contacted by a lady from Bulgaria who had heard of our work in eastern Europe and wanted more information! The end result is that we will be traveling to Bulgaria on this trip as well and will spend four or five days meeting pastors, evangelical leaders, and politicians and getting to know Bulgaria a bit. More spying out the land!

You can see that God is working, and I can't wait to be on the ground again and watch it all happen in person. Right now, our team of four is scheduled to leave for Bulgaria on July 21 and will return home from Romania on July 31. Those dates are rapidly approaching, and I would covet your prayers for a few things:

* - We are still trying to finalize our dates and appointments. Please pray for a smoothed calendar and quick confirmations of everything in the works.
* - I only need about $500 more to be fully funded for this trip! I am so grateful for those of you who have so generously given financially. Please pray for full funding in the next couple of weeks. I know that God will provide.
* - It has been a challenging year for my family spiritually and healthwise. Please pray for good health and the Lord's protection over Karen and my boys while I'm away for so long.

I've run out of new ways to thank you for all of your support. I hope you know how much I appreciate your prayers and gifts; they have truly humbled me.

I'll keep you up to date on the latest. It's only a little more than four weeks away now! More to come...

No comments: